Just 35kms east of Punta del Este along Uruguay’s gorgeous coastline lies the little gem of Jose Ignacio. What was once a quiet little fishing village has blossomed into a chic hot spot with pretty beaches, trendy boutiques and elegant restaurants that now attract the jet set from around the world.
- Dine out in some of Uruguay’s trendiest restaurants
- Enjoy some great people-watching in the chic Vik hotels
- Go for hearty walks along the beautiful sand dunes
- Indulge in a traditional Dulche con Leche (with brownies!)
- Fly off the waves with some afternoon kite surfing
Jose Ignacio has managed to maintain its small town charm and outside of the peak Christmas and New Year period when it is really busy and achingly trendy, this delightful village is a peaceful getaway with deserted sandy beaches and a historic lighthouse dominating the coastline.