During the late 1600s to the early 1700s, the Bahamas were perhaps best known for the pirates such as Blackbeard, Henry Morgan and Calico Jack who harried the busy shipping lanes and then retreated to the sanctuary of over 700 islands and cayes to bury their treasure.
Fortunately the only treasure there these days are the hundreds of incredible soft pink beaches, stunning snorkelling and dive sites and a variety of luxurious boutique hotels and resorts offering the perfect getaway on some of the Caribbean’s most enchanting islands.
Why visit THE BAHAMAS?
- Swim with the friendly pigs on the uninhabited Big Major Cay or ‘Pig Island’
- Go big game fishing for wahoo and tuna in the fish-rich waters off Nassau
- Plummet down the slides at Aquaventure, the Caribbean’s biggest water park
- Get up close and personal with the dolphins on Blue Lagoon Island
- Explore the historic sites of Nassau such as the Old Fort and Pompey Museum
Each of the main islands boasts its own unique features: Cat Island is home to a wonderfully relaxed atmosphere and the stunning eight mile Pink Sand Beach; Andros is a naturalist’s paradise with one of the world’s largest fringing coral reefs and incredible birdlife; the Exumas have some ultra-chic resorts and islands fit for celebrities making them the perfect hideaway location whilst the shops, waterpark, aquarium and casinos of Nassau & Paradise Island are a hedonist’s dream.
With such a wide choice of islands, 300 days a year of sunshine, incredible watersports, fabulous hotels and the softest pink beaches, it’s not hard to see why the Bahamas remain one of the Caribbean’s most popular destinations.
Please call us on 01905 731373 to discuss hotels and prices.