Perhaps best known for its long coastline speckled with more than a thousand islands and hundreds of beautiful beaches lapped by the emerald waters of the Adriatic, Croatia is a sun-worshippers’ paradise. Stretching along the coast is a wide variety of excellent beach resorts that pride themselves in offering the perfect base for some serious summer pampering as well as an exhausting list of watersports including a burgeoning scuba diving scene combined with a traditional, warm Mediterranean hospitality.
Why visit CROATIA?
- Meander the labyrinthine streets of Diocletian’s remarkable Roman palace
- Take the cable car to the top of Srd Hill to see ancient Dubrovnik in all its glory
- Listen to the wistful sighs made by the pipes and whistles of Zadar’s ‘Sea Organ’
- Hike around the lakes, waterfalls and forests of Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Sail in style between the many enchanted islands of the Dalmatian coast
- Feast on Ston’s mouth-watering oysters..the best in Europe perhaps?
However for those with time to explore, there is so much more to see beyond those golden beaches. Apart from the great cuisine, art and music scene, the capital Zagreb boasts some wonderful 18th & 19th Century Austro-Hungarian architecture as well as its gorgeous 13th Century St. Mark’s Church with a colourfully tiled and patterned roof. Hvar Town is a postcard-pretty port with a rich history dating back to the 13th Century and a wealth of palaces, restaurants and some incredible gin-palaces floating amongst the fishing boats. Split is another classic Dalmatian city with a wonderful blend of ancient and modern and then perhaps the ace in the pack is the extraordinary living museum that is Dubrovnik. A stunning city with its massive 16th Century fortified walls as well as its Baroque churches and Renaissance palaces, this is quite simply one of Europe’s most remarkable cities.
Please call us on 01905 731373 to discuss hotels & prices.