St Lucia Holidays
This gorgeous island nation has been coveted and fought over for centuries by the Spanish, French and British all of whom were entranced by its many natural charms. And still today this enchanting island is a mecca for those seeking out its delights such as the majestic twin pitons that rise vertically like spires out of the sea; the thousands of acres of lush mountains and valleys in the National Rain Forest which are alive with colourful birds and butterflies and also the surrounding ocean that is home to beautiful coral reefs and abundant marine life.
Why visit ST. LUCIA?
- Hike in the rainforest or even up Gros Piton for the ultimate high
- Relax in the hot springs of the world’s only ‘drive-in’ volcano at La Soufrière
- Indulge in the Tree-to-Bar experience at Hotel Chocolat’s Rabot cocoa plantation.
- Relax under the sun and watch a great game of cricket at the national stadium
- Explore the island’s interior with a fascinating visit to some of the old sugar plantations
- Hire a catamaran and enjoy a day’s sailing on the aquamarine waters around the island
On account of its African, French and English heritage, St Lucia now blends the very best of all three cultures and offers an intoxicating mix of influences. With tasty dishes such as Green fig salt fish or the national dish ‘bouyon’ the food is a classic fusion of Creole and other tastes; the architecture is a subtle mix with the French influences in Soufriere and the Morne Fortune fortress blending with the colonial plantation style; the principal language is the French-based patois and then there is the national game of cricket lending a strong English flavour !
With its green and lush landscapes, gorgeous beaches, crystal clear waters and luxurious boutique hotels St Lucia remains one of the Caribbean’s most popular and romantic islands.
Please call us on 01905 731373 to discuss hotels & prices.