Located on the Atlantic coast of the Iberian Peninsula, Portugal’s coastal location has inevitably influenced many aspects of its rich culture. From its golden beaches to its once powerful maritime empire and from its national dishes of salted cod and grilled sardines to some of the world’s finest clifftop golf courses and scenery, the country always has one eye focused on the sea and its wild and stunning coastline.
A few key highlights include:
- Wander through the many gorgeously colourful gardens of Madeira
- Feast on the freshest sardines and piri piri prawns in a beachside tasca
- Explore the cork forests, castles and Visigoth churches of the Alentejo
- Work on your handicap on some of the Algarve’s finest golf courses
- Treat the tastebuds within the grand port cellars of Porto
- Take a vintage tram as it winds through the historic quarter of Lisbon
Portugal is also overflowing with historical intrigue with the Celts, Romans, Visigoths, Moors and Christians all having left their mark over the centuries. Cradled amongst seven beautiful hills, Lisbon is one of Europe’s oldest cities and offers a charming blend of Roman and Medieval history, jaw-dropping views, enchanting cobbled alleyways, a gourmet food scene and an infectious joie de vivre.
Beyond the capital, there is the World Heritage Site of the Douro Valley, the grand port cellars of Porto, the botanical gardens of Madeira, a wealth of medieval castles and hillside villages, as well as the year round playground of the Algarve: the Portugal experience is a feast for the senses.
Please call us on 01905 731373 to discuss hotels & prices.