Located on the southwest peninsula facing the Gulf of Thailand, Sihanoukville was originally founded as a port town about half a century ago. Today this sleepy provincial town is Cambodia’s premier beach destination with miles of powder white beaches, picturesque islands and crystal-clear tropical waters.
- Explore the incredible & expansive Ream National Park, a pristine maritime region
- Relax on the lovely beaches of Sihanoukville
- Visit a traditional and remote fishing village
- Snorkel or dive with a huge variety of colourful coral and tropical fish
- Take a boat trip to see the mangrove forest and a wide variety of wildlife
The many nearby islands remain largely undeveloped and boast some wonderful, colourful coral and tropical fish and thus offer some excellent snorkelling and diving.
Just a few kilometres to the east of Sihanoukville is Ream National Park, which is a pristine maritime park. A boat trip along the river is the best way to visit and you can see the mangrove forests and a wide variety of wildlife including monkeys, eagles and even dolphins.