Umm Suqeim (Sunset beach) & Al Sufouh beach
The southerly stretch of the west coast leads away from the heart of Dubai into a totally different world, where there are some exclusive five-star resorts and fabulous attractions.
Umm Suqeim beach boasts the Burj Al-Arab, Wild Wadi and the Jumeirah Beach Hotel. Al Sufouh beach is further south and home to the exquisite One & Only Royal Mirage and is sandwiched between the high-profile Madinat Jumeirah and Dubai Marina developments and is the gateway to the Jumeirah Palm.
- Kite beach – where Dubai’s hippest crowds go to cool off
- Sunset beach is ideal for wave riders, as well as yoga and meditation classes
- Black Palace beach is a bit of a hidden gem so ideal for escaping the crowds
- Palm Jumeirah is a stunning man-made island and one of Dubai’s hottest addresses
- JBR beach (Jumeirah Beach Residences) is a stylish and family friendly beach
Dubai’s coastline is packed with beautiful beaches, but no two are the same. The vibe shifts from one area to the next, with surfing found at Sunset Beach and luxury lounging at Palm Jumeirah. From the hip, action-packed scene at Kite Beach to the gentle lapping shores of family-friendly Black Palace Beach, there’s a spot of sand to suit all tastes.