Colombo is changing fast and the capital city which was not on our “must see” list even in just a couple of years is becoming an attractive & interesting destination in itself. There are now many fun ways to explore the city, like the Mark Forbes Colombo City walks foodie tour.
Why visit Colombo?
- Discover the old world charm of the city through the eyes of historian Mark Forbes
- Looking for something a bit different? Then why not try a streetfood tour?
- Wander around the colourful fish market in Negombo
- Settle back and watch a great game of Test cricket
- Head to Galle Face and have a go at some kite flying
With a modern skyline, colonial buildings, ancient temples, museums & art galleries, department stores and plenty of trendy restaurants & bars, Colombo offers an intriguing and interesting blend of old and new and is worth spending 1 or 2 nights at the beginning or the end of a visit to Sri Lanka.