The East Coast of Sri Lanka offers divine sandy beaches and gin-clear water from May to September when the South-West and South Coast of Sri Lanka are affected by the South-West Monsoon.
Now that the turmoil in the area is a thing of the past, the East Coast & Trincomalee are experiencing a renaissance with more visitors and new luxury lodges and hotels opening along the coast.
- Enjoy the untouched & deserted beach of Kuchaveli
- Go whale watching (May to September)
- Snorkel at Pigeon Island National Park
- Discover the rich history of Trincomalee & the area
- Grab a tuk tuk and explore the villages inland
However the East coast remains on the whole untouched & underdeveloped. Tourism is still in its infancy and visitors are rewarded with quiet beaches, less traffic, charming scenes of fishermen setting up their stalls on the beach etc… and generally a much slower pace than the South and South-West Coast.