A journey to Wadi Rum is a journey to another world. It is a vast, silent place, where uniquely shaped mountains rise from the red desert sand. It is the largest of Jordan’s desert landscapes, stunningly beautiful with the brightly coloured sandstone rocks, sand dunes and canyons.
- Stare up the sky at night to experience some unbelievable star gazing
- Head out in a 4×4 to explore its stunning colours and desert scapes
- Enjoy some traditional Bedouin hospitality with a night under canvas
- Go in search of sand cats, jackals, goats and even the Arabian oryx
- From the comfort of a sand dune, enjoy the stunning colours of the setting sun
Wadi Rum draws serious hikers and rock climbers, as well as people who want to experience the peace and quiet of this amazing landscape in a less arduous way. Camels and 4×4 vehicles can be hired to explore the desert from anything between a few hours to a few days. You can spend the night in a Bedouin tent, drinking mint tea or cardamom flavoured coffee by the fire under the stars.
This area was made famous by the presence of the Arab Revolt and T.E. Lawrence in the early 20th Century but has lost none of its charm and fascination today.