From crystal-clear streams and magical forests, to epic biking trails and explosive geysers, Rotorua has it all. Sitting within the Pacific Rim of Fire, Rotorua is a geothermal wonderland with bubbling mud pools, clouds of steam, and natural hot springs perfect for bathing and relaxing in.
Rotorua is also a great place to experience the warm hospitality of the Māori culture- try a hangi feast cooked in the steaming ground or take a tour of an authentic pre-European village.
- Spend an evening immersed in indigenous Maori culture at a replica Village
- Experience the geo thermal colour & energy at Wai-o-tapu Thermal Valley
- Enjoy some of NZ’s best fishing on Lake Taupo
- Trek the iconic Tongariro crossing
- Marvel at the mighty Huka Falls
Taupō was created nearly two thousand years ago by a volcanic eruption so big it darkened the skies in Europe and China. Visit the Craters of the Moon and you’ll see evidence of the lake’s fiery birth in the geysers, steaming craters and boiling mud pools. At some of Taupō’s beaches, swimmers and paddlers can enjoy warm, geothermal water currents.
Just north of Taupō you’ll find New Zealand’s most visited attraction, the magnificent Huka Falls, where more than 220,000 litres of water thunder over the cliff face every second.