Set in the Chiriqui Highlands in the west of the country, Boquete is a charming mountain village set on the slopes of Baru Volcano. This beautiful, fertile valley with its Spring-like climate is famed for its orange plantations, flower gardens, forested mountains and for producing some of the finest coffee in the world.
- Go bird watching in search of the iconic Resplendent Quetzal
- Visit a private cacao plantation and watch them make chocolate
- Go white water rafting and kayaking on the Chiriqui River
- Hike up through the Cloud Forest to the summit of Mount Baru
- Watch the coffee beans being harvested and prepared for roasting
The town is also the perfect base to explore the surrounding area with many excellent walking and hiking trails in the Baru Volcano National Park including up the volcano for the keener hikers. There is also some excellent birdwatching with regular sightings of the Resplendent Quetzal. Other activities include white water rafting, quad biking, zip wires, horse riding and coffee tours to enjoy the superb coffee that is grown in the area.