Just 95 kms to the west of Panama City, El Valle is a delightful village set in a beautiful fertile valley that was once the crater of a long extinct volcano. Located at around 600m above sea level with a cool Spring-like climate, the area is famous for its wonderful scenery, flowers, fresh fruits & vegetables and the vibrant Sunday market where many locals come to sell their handcrafts and other produce.
- Hike to the waterfalls & petroglyphs on the India Dormida trek
- Soak up the atmosphere of the vibrant El Valle sunday market
- Search out the incredible flowers, especially the many orchids found locally
- Enjoy a few days of peace & quiet in this cool, quiet retreat
- Head out on horse back into the stunning countryside around town
This magical place offers not only a retreat from the heat of Panama City and the lowland coastal areas so the perfect place to come and relax and enjoy the stunning scenery, but also boasts great hiking in the cloud forest to see the amazingly varied flora and in particular the orchids, excellent bird watching, zip line tours and horseback riding.